2015Spring-Summer Internship Opportunity Boston Pops Intern/Volunteer
In addition to assisting in the day-to-day planning and operations of the Boston Pops, major responsibilities will include:
- Playing an integral part in updating and launching live recordings database for artistic staff use.
- Organizing & responding to unsolicited artist submissions.
- Gathering guest artists and conductors biographical materials.
- Updating artist information and maintaining databases.
- During Spring Pops: assisting on all aspects of artist hospitality and serving as a resource to guest artists, including: travel and hotel coordination, transportation schedules, dressing room signs and amenities, and catering.
- Administrative duties including answering phones, copying music and programs, filing, etc.
- Distributing program changes and assisting in house ticket distribution.
- Managing special projects as assigned by the Boston Pops staff.
- Excellent communication, organizational, writing and office skills.
- Ability to present his/herself professionally to world-renowned musicians.
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple jobs simultaneously.
- Sound computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office, multimedia programs, and internet/e-mail. Helpful but not required: Web 2.0.
- Knowledge of classical, jazz, and musical theater repertoire.
- Evening and weekend work required; including July 3-4.
Schedule (subject to change): begins late March/April 2015: All applicants must be available to remain in thsi internship until at least July 5, 12015. March - April 8-10 hours per week (up to full-time hours possible) during standard office hours M-F; hours are flexible. April - mid-July 2015; 20 hours per week (up to full time hours possible) general from Tues- Sat; hours are flexible, but regular evening and Saturday work is required and intern must be available the week of July 4th.
Compensation: Unpaid position; college credit available upon request. This is an excellent opportuinty to learn concert production and tour preparation for a major syphony orchestra and to network with professionals in an orchestar and entertainment industry.
THE BOSTON POPS
America's Orchestra, founded in 1885, has two main seasons: Holiday Pops, which runs during the month ofDecember and the Spring Pops season, which runs for six weeks early May through mid- June. During this time, there are over 50 concerts performed in Symphony Hall and on the Esplanade, the season culmination is the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular on July 4th, a nationally broadcast concert from the Hatch Shell along the Charles River. www.bostonpops.org for more info.