2017Spring-Summer Internship Opportunity Boston Pops Intern/Volunteer
In addition to assisting in the day-to-day planning and operations of the Boston Pops, major responsibilities will include:
· Playing an integral part in updating and launching live recordings database for artistic staff use
· Organizing & responding to unsolicited artist submissions
· Updating artist information and maintaining databases
· Assist the Operations department with Pops tour preparations, production inventory management, and administrative tasks
· During Spring Pops: assisting on all aspects of artist hospitality and serving as a resource to guest artists, including: travel and hotel coordination, transportation schedules, dressing room signs and amenities, and catering
· Administrative duties including answering phones, copying music and programs, filing, etc.
· Managing special projects as assigned by the Boston Pops staff
· Excellent communication, organizational, writing and office skills
· Ability to present his/herself professionally to world-renowned musicians
· Initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
· Sound computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office, multimedia programs, and internet/e-mail.
· Knowledge of classical, jazz, and musical theater repertoire
· Evening and weekend work required; including July 3-4.
Schedule (subject to change):
- Internship begins March 2017. All applicants must be available to remain in this internship until at least July 5, 2017.
- March to April 2017: 8-10 hours per week (up to full time hours possible) during standard office hours M-F; hours are flexible.
- April to mid-July 2017: 20 hours per week (up to full time hours possible) generally from Tues.-Sat; hours are flexible, but regular evening and Saturday work is required and intern must be available the week of July 4th.
Compensation: Unpaid position; college credit available upon request. This is an excellent opportunity to learn concert production and tour preparation for a major symphony orchestra and to network with professionals in the orchestra and entertainment industry.
THE BOSTON POPS
America's Orchestra, founded in 1885, has two main seasons: Holiday Pops, which runs during the month ofDecember and the Spring Pops season, which runs for six weeks early May through mid- June. During this time, there are over 50 concerts performed in Symphony Hall and on the Esplanade, the season culmination is the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular on July 4th, a nationally broadcast concert from the Hatch Shell along the Charles River. www.bostonpops.org for more info.