Ohio Dominican University seeks a Director of Institutional Research & Assessment
The Director of Institutional Research & Assessment integrates data gathering and analysis to support planning and decision-making across all areas of the University. This position maintains current knowledge of planning and evaluation methods, and serves as a resource for all areas of the University.
The successful candidate will hold a Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in education, research methodology, social science, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in institutional effectiveness and/or continuous improvement, program review, and accreditation; preferably in an institutional research or academic affairs setting is required. The successful candidate must also have proven experience in the development and management of an institutional effectiveness program; proven experience in the development and/or implementation of a strategic plan; demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, convert, and present data for decision-making; excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present information effectively; proven experience in the use of presentation, reporting, and statistical and database application software and programming techniques (Access, Excel, and PowerPoint); and strong and effective management, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Experience with Datatel Colleague is preferred. Most of all, the candidate must genuinely enjoy working with a diverse population and be committed to furthering the mission of Ohio Dominican University.
The following mathematical/technical abilities are required for this position:
- Working knowledge of financial modeling, trend analysis, and statistical forecasting;
- Ability to attend to multiple projects simultaneously and determine priorities;
- Ability to coordinate with efficiency, speed, and accuracy the routine collection, analysis, and dissemination of institutional data;
- A high degree of skill conducting descriptive and inferential data analysis;
- Competency in working with relational database systems;
- Competency in statistical analysis software such as SAS, SPSS, and Stata; and
- Experience with accreditation processes and requirements, and assessment of student learning.
Ohio Dominican University is Central Ohio’s Catholic university. In-demand majors, graduate programs and an outstanding liberal arts foundation prepare students to succeed in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Columbus is one of America’s top collegiate cities, and provides ODU students with access to internships and practical experiences, as well as a thriving job market after graduation.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume/current curriculum vitae and contact information for three professional references through our website. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Ohio Dominican University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.