Ohio Dominican University is conducting a search for a Vice President for Advancement.
The Vice President for Advancement is responsible for the ongoing leadership, management, evaluation and professional development of the Advancement staff and provides innovative, forward looking leadership in all areas related to development and alumni relations. Reports to the President and serves as a member of the executive cabinet contributing to the University’s mission, vision, and growth.
Essential job responsibilities for this position include:
- Serves as Chief Advancement Officer for the University building both internal and external relationships with constituents and enhancing charitable revenue to support University operations.
- Prepares both short and long-term strategic goals for the Office of Advancement in achieving the goals of the University’s strategic plan.
- Oversees all development activities including annual giving, major gifts, corporate & foundation relations, planned giving, as well as support for these functions and campaign management.
- Oversees all alumni relations activities.
- Develops a strategic plan for Advancement with measurable goals.
- Institutes policies and practices so that the entire staff can work productively in helping to achieve University goals.
- Develops and maintains a high quality infrastructure (databases, gift entry systems, prospect research, stewardship systems) to support all advancement functions.
- Oversees and leads the development program to support University needs and aspirations with annual and multi‐phase or multi‐dimensional campaigns
- Ensures a vibrant comprehensive program of alumni relations and parent relations, including active and engaged volunteer boards in both areas.
- Serves as liaison to the Board of Trustees Institutional Advancement committee.
- Ensures integration of activities between the Office of Advancement and other departments.
- Develops relationships with enrollment management staff, academic leadership and faculty to ensure that they understand and are included in fundraising activities as appropriate.
- Leads and supports volunteer leadership recruited to raise funds for the University.
- Represents the University to major gift constituents to develop and strengthen the institution’s relationships and good will.
- Encourages board members and other donor prospects to assist the University in recruiting new students.
- Chairs special committees of the University as needed.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or related field, Master’s degree preferred. The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of successful management experience in Development and Alumni Relations, preferably at an institution of higher education. Demonstrated proficiency in fund raising, e.g. cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts, and managing campaigns. (Familiarity with Columbus’ corporate/foundation structure and local Catholic community strongly preferred.) Experience creating and executing strategic plans. Strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and display a high level of integrity and dependability. Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Demonstrated skills in personal computer applications such as MS Office Suite, constituent relations management software (Datatel’s Colleague preferred). Ability to embrace organizational mission in all work and a commitment to higher education. Team player with ability to motivate and collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds. Outstanding interpersonal skills with an approachable and collaborative personal style. CFRE certification preferred.
Ohio Dominican University is Central Ohio’s Catholic University. In-demand majors, graduate programs and an outstanding liberal arts foundation prepare students to succeed in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Columbus is one of America’s top collegiate cities, and provides ODU students with access to internships and practical experiences, as well as a thriving job market after graduation.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references (as one document) through our website. Review of applications will begin immediately. Deadline for applications is March 14, 2014.
Ohio Dominican University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.