Summary: The Business Analyst is responsible for timely identification, execution, and completion of specific Risk and Analytic based tasks and projects that will drive fundamental improvements to the business by developing reporting, communicating business trends, problem solving, assembling spreadsheets, charts, and graphs, building statistical and multivariate-regression modeling, implementation of proposals, and presentation of ideas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications;
· Ability to quickly learn operational flow of departments and systems and translate that knowledge into actionable analysis;
· Identify sources of information within the company and retrieve that information when appropriate
· Apply critical thinking and logic and knowledge gained on the job to understand how operational or system logic decisions affect the business;
· Work with business leaders from multiple departments to develop and control medium to large scale analytic initiatives;
· Develop new reports, review existing reports, make forecasts, analyze department performance, and communicate business trends;
· Assemble spreadsheets, charts, and graphs to illustrate using Microsoft Excel;
· Analyze and report on historical performance and use trends to build projections about future performance;
· Build statistical models to identify trends and developments within specific department and presents findings to business leaders;
· Measure innovative ideas and solutions against identified business opportunities and challenges.
· Use innovative idea generation and implementation that falls outside the bounds of standard process or established analysis techniques;
· Recommend and implement ideas and solutions that drive business performance.
· Take ownership of ideas and implementation of proposals;
· Develop and exercise professional communication skills, including presentation, voice, and other forms of electronic media;
· Must be able to collaborate and influence partners, senior management, and peers in order to drive results;
· Must be able to formulate and recommend decisive strategies to drive business results, take ownership of strategies, and implement strategic initiatives;
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a bachelors degree, masters preferred, from an accredited university or college in Finance, Math, or related major and a minimum of 2 years experience in the field of analytics or in a related area.
Develop and exercise professional communication skills, including presentation, voice, and other forms of electronic media. Must be able to collaborate and influence partners, senior management, and peers. Above average ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, sales agreements, memos, letters, and process and procedure documentation.
Ability to calculate statistical formulas.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint knowledge required. Ability to generate complex queries in Transact-SQL server 2000 is a requirement.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is low to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand.