Ohio Dominican University is conducting a search for a Director of the International Office.
The Director of the International Office is an integral part of the student development staff who provides leadership and direction for all international programs, activities, and services for the Ohio Dominican community.
Essential job responsibilities for this position include:
Relating to International Students
• Serve as the Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) and advise F-1 international students on immigration issues including employment options, maintaining full course of study, and traveling.
• Create I-20s for incoming international students and maintain SEVIS records of current international students
• Develop programs and provide services that support the academic and personal success of international students including cultural events on campus, trips off-campus for the students and international student health insurance
• Work with undergraduate and graduate admissions on international applications
• Advocate for the needs of international students throughout campus
• Serve as the primary contact for the ELS center on campus and chair the ELS working group to ensure that needs of the ELS program and students are being met
Relating to Education Abroad Programs
• Oversee all Education Abroad programs (service, faculty-led, and co-sponsored) at Ohio Dominican including marketing and student recruitment; student acceptance; risk management; logistical support; orientation for both students and leaders; and program assessment.
• Manage scholarship budget and individual program budgets.
• Advise prospective education abroad students on program options, financial aid and the application process.
• Chair the Education Abroad Committee which awards student scholarships and approves faculty-led programs.
• Co-lead groups abroad as needed.
• Conduct site visits to possible education abroad sites as needed.
• Supervise the International Office Staff and oversee supervision of student workers and related student organizations
• Prepare and oversee departmental budgets; approve all departmental spending
• Oversee communications of the International Office
• Serve on University committees as assigned
• Attend conferences and workshops as needed/required
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience working in International Education at a University level, a Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration/Student Affairs or related discipline. Previous experience working with SEVIS and education abroad programs is preferred.
Ohio Dominican University is a coed, four-year private university in Columbus, Ohio, with approximately 3000 students from 13 states and 20 foreign countries. Our reputation is based on a 101 year history of providing the highest quality education in a personal environment steeped in our Catholic Dominican tradition and values. Our students experience a strong academic program with dedicated and talented faculty and individualized attention. The distinctive beauty of our campus makes it an ideal setting for learning and living.
Ohio Dominican offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes tuition benefits and a professional working environment. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, resume and contact information for three professional references through our website at http://www.ohiodominican.edu/Jobs
Ohio Dominican University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.