Job Title: Risk Analyst
Report To: VP of Risk Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Risk & Analytics
Summary: Responsible for timely identification, execution, and completion of specific Risk and Analytic based tasks and projects that will drive fundamental improvements to the business. The analyst is expected to make recommendations and decisions that substantially impact the business operationally and financially
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Work with business leaders from multiple departments to develop and control medium to large scale analytic initiatives;
· Develop new reports, review existing reports, make forecasts, analyze portfolio performance and communicate business trends;
· Generate and analyze data to evaluate project impact and initiatives and make recommendations to solve problems;
· Develop an in-depth understanding of the business to perform all of the required duties of the position;
· Assemble spreadsheets, charts, and graphs to illustrate using Microsoft Excel and SAS;
· Develop SQL queries for data extraction, analysis and reporting;
· Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of industrial technology, business, finance, and economic theory;
· Build statistical champion/challenger models to identify trends and developments within specific department and presents findings to business leaders;
· Measure innovative ideas and solutions against identified business opportunities and challenges.
· Use innovative idea generation and implementation that falls outside the bounds of standard process or established analysis techniques;
· Recommend and implement ideas and solutions that drive business performance.
· Take ownership of ideas and implementation of proposals;
· Develop and exercise professional communication skills, including presentation, voice, and other forms of electronic media;
· Must be able to collaborate and influence partners, senior management, and peers in order to drive results;
· Must be able to formulate and recommend decisive strategies to drive business results, take ownership of strategies, and implement strategic initiatives;
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in mathematics, statistics or analytics and 3 years experience in a related function or equivalent combination of education and experience. Graduate degree in Business, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Econometrics, and experience building predictive models for small business is a plus.
Develop and exercise professional communication skills, including presentation, voice, and other forms of electronic media. Must be able to collaborate and influence partners and peers to drive results in a competitive environment. Above average ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, sales agreements, memos, letters, and process and procedure documentation.
Ability to apply arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications with a strong ability to calculate and interpret statistical formulas, calculate figures and amounts such as ROI, marketing cost and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Access, and advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint preferred. T-SQL and SAS Enterprise Miner a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is low to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds.