The Doe Fund (TDF) is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously popular and highly visible Ready, Willing & Able program. Its participants can be seen cleaning 150 miles of NYC streets and sidewalks each day in paid transitional jobs that represent the core of the program. With a $50 million budget, over 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, TDF is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism.
The Doe Fund is currently seeking two high-energy, self motivated Case Managers to join our Ready, Willing & Able Program and our Veterans Program. These positions will be based out of our Porter Ave. Brooklyn, New York location.
• Manage a caseload, evaluate client to identify barriers and execute the corrective action needed by directing them to proper referral service.
• Research and coordinate access to outside referral sources for Mental Health, Substance Recovery, Benefits, Entitlements, and Primary Care services.
• Collaborate with clients, provide assistance in goal setting and self-development.
• Organize and facilitate groups on various topics.
• Maintain current, accurate, complete and timely documentation of individual client progress in the form of both paper documentation and entered into the client tracking database.
• Provide crisis intervention to clients in order to resolve any issues or concerns that may arise.
• Bachelor degree preferred
• At least 2+ years of experience in Human Services/Case Management
• CASAC preferred
• Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills required
• Working knowledge of MS, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive Salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.